Well, I guess you can see this dress is inspired by the humble carrot. Actually the inspiration came from the fact that the orange and green were sitting beside each other on the shelf lol! Either way, we now have a super cool carrot dress! Like the rest of my gowns this one is also started by crocheting around a rubber band. The ones I use are 2-ish inches, but just check and make sure that the one you have slides up Barbie and fits snugly over her bust. This would look cute in many colour combinations Im sure.
In American terms.
You will need
DK weight yarn in 2 colours. I use carrot orange and bright green.
1 rubber band that fits your doll.
scInc - 2sc in the same stitch
the entire dress is worked in continual rounds, place a stitch marker at the start of each round to keep your place.
1. Join your yarn around the rubber band with a slst. 24 sc around the rubber band.
2. sc in each stitch around (24)
3. Repeat 2. (24)
4. *3 sc, sc2tg* Repeat 3 more times, 4sc in the last. (20)
5. *3 sc, sc2tg* Repeat till end. (16)
6. sc in each st around (16)
7 - 8 Repeat 6
9. *3 sc, 2sc in the next* Repeat around, sc in the last 2.
10. Repeat 9, sc in the last.
11. sc in each st around
12. * sc 2, scInc in the next st* Repeat around
13 - 17 sc in each st around.
sl st to next and end off orange.
1. ch1,* sc, sc, extended sc* Join.
To make an extended sc, instead of inserting your hook into the next sc st, insert it into the sc directly below the next sc stitch. Complete sc as normal. This gives the stitch a tall point.
2. ch2, hdc in each st around.
3. *sc, ch7, sk1* Repeat around. This creates the fringe. Sl st to first sk to join and finish off. Weave in ends.