The hat has a folded brim, and the booties can be worn as boots or folded down for booties. Either way this set is cute and a great stash buster while doing something awesome for someone else.
Quick n Easy Bitty Bits
dk weight yarn
needle for weaving in ends.
1. ch2, hdc into the 1st chain 10 times, join
2. ch3, dc in the same st and 2dc in each st around.
3. ch3, *2dc in the next stitch, 1dc in the next stitch* Repeat around, join.
4-8. ch3, dc in each st around, join.
End off solid yarn, join fun fibres.
ch1, sc around. End off and weave in ends.
Fold the base of the hat up
BOOTIES make 2
1. ch12. hdc twice in the 2nd chain from hook and in the next 9 chains. 3hdc in the last chain.
Working on the opposite side, hdc in the next 9 stitches, 1hdc in the same place as the starting hdc. Join.
2. ch2, hdc in every stitch around (23)
3. ch2, hdc in the next 5, hdc2tg 7 times, hdc in the last 4.
4. ch2, hdc in the next 4, hdc2tg 4 times, hdc in the last 4.
5 - 8. ch2, hdc in each st around, join.
End off solid yarn and join fun fibre.
ch1, sc around, join.
Finish off and weave in ends. Booties can be left up of folded down.