Monday, April 15, 2013

Barbie Month .7 - Basic Midriff Top




Phew, here we are at the end of the first week! How exciting!

Today's pattern wasn't actually intended to be a pattern, but it was asked about on my Facebook page so I thought what the hey. Originally I whipped this little top up so I could cover Barbies boobs up when I was photographing skirts, but everyone seems to like its simplicity so here it is. I promise, this is going to be the fastest piece of Barbie clothing you have ever made!

You will need:
3.5mm hook
fingering (4ply) weight yarn
one rubber band that fits over your dolls bust.

1. Join the yarn to the band with a sl st and sc around it 25 times, join
2. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join
3. ch2, *hdc in the next 3 stitches, hdc2tg* Repeat around, join.
4. ch2, *hdc in the next 2 stitches, hdc2tg* Repeat around, join.
5-6 sc in each stitch around, join.

To extend, just add a few more rows of sc.



No comments:

Post a Comment