Good morning all.
Wow this pattern has been a while in the making. Ive been trying to work up sets lately, because matching sets are just so sweet. This is the first piece for the CrissCross Set. These sweet little pants feature alternating rows of cross stitches and hdc's. The repeat is so easy to remember, and the stitch, even though looks a little hard, is super simple to do. The pant's use a contrasting colour for the tie, but in the other pieces the contrasting colour is used more, so be sure to pick one that will look good in larger blocks of work. So keep your eyes out over the next few weeks for the rest of the set.
This set will fit around 34/36 weeks gestation. Its a little large on my 32 week doll, but if you went to a 3.5mm you should get close to something that will fit 32 weeks better.
34-36 weeks gestation
You will need
dk weight yarn (8ply, light worsted, number 3 weight yarn) in a main colour, and a contrasting colour.
1. ch55, hdc in the 2nd ch from hook and each across, join. (54)
2. ch2, *skip one stitch, dc in the next stitch, dc in the skipped stitch* repeat around, join.
3. ch1, hdc in each stitch around, join.
4-11: repeat rounds 2 and 3
12. repeat round 2
13. ch1, hdc in the first 27 stitches, join. (27)
14. ch1, *skip one stitch, dc in the next stitch, dc in the skipped stitch*, repeat around, skip the last stitch and join.
15. ch1, hdc in each stitch around, join. (26)
16. ch2, *skip one stitch, dc in the next stitch, dc in the skipped stitch*, repeat around, join.
17-24. Repeat rounds 15 and 16.
25. ch1, *hdc in the first 11 stitches, hdc2tg*, repeat once, join. (24)
26. ch1, *hdc in the next 6 stitches, hdc2tg*, repeat around, join. (21)
27. ch1, sc in each stitch around, join.
End off yarn here.
Rejoin yarn to the first unworked stitch from round 12 (Will be in the crotch area)
Repeat rounds 13-27 to make the second leg.
End off here and weave in all ends. You may have a small gap at the crotch area, go ahead and sew that closed.