Monday, April 23, 2018

April Preemie Blanket - CAL Day 23


Hello and good morning. Wow day 23 and we're getting closer and closer to finishing our blankets.

Remember to check the notes for row 35 for those 3rd loop reminders. I really do like the texture those loops make when pushed forward like this. It has an almost knit look to it. I can see I'm going to have to use this technique again, I think it would look fantastic with variegated yarn.

You will need:

4.5mm hook
DK/8ply/light worsted weight yarn in minimum of 6 colours.

Yarn Note: I did not start with complete balls. All 6 of my balls were originally 100g balls with a little of each used. They are a mix of Stylecraft Special DK, King Cole Pricewise and Moda Vera Marvel 8ply for my 6 colours. You could choose 6 colours and follow my colour changes, or you could make every line a different colour (excellent way to use scraps) or you could even use some self striping yarn, or a solid colour.

Colour Changes: I change my colours by completing the last yarn over and pull through of the last stitch in the row with the new colour for the next row, so I don't have to join with slip stitches. Of course, this means you'll have to redo that one last stitch each day as you won't know what colour is next, but the finished piece will be much neater this way.

My Colours are

A - Beige
B - Blue
C - Dark Blue
D - Tan
E - Mint/Turquoise

F - Dark Grey

Day 23

With D
34: Ch2, turn, hdc in the back loop only of each stitch across.



With A
35: Ch2, turn, hdc in the 3rd loop only of each stitch across ( See NOTES from day 22 here before doing this row


No comments:

Post a Comment