Friday, April 27, 2018

April Preemie Blanket - CAL Day 27



Morning all!

Wow here we are on day 27, and only a handful of rows left to go.

I want to take a moment to apologise for the dismal photography job for row 41! By the time I realised it was out of focus, it was far too late to go back and fix it. Oops! Like everyone else, sometimes I make mistakes. Thankfully it's a pretty simple row, phew!

You will need:

4.5mm hook
DK/8ply/light worsted weight yarn in minimum of 6 colours.

Yarn Note: I did not start with complete balls. All 6 of my balls were originally 100g balls with a little of each used. They are a mix of Stylecraft Special DK, King Cole Pricewise and Moda Vera Marvel 8ply for my 6 colours. You could choose 6 colours and follow my colour changes, or you could make every line a different colour (excellent way to use scraps) or you could even use some self striping yarn, or a solid colour.

Colour Changes: I change my colours by completing the last yarn over and pull through of the last stitch in the row with the new colour for the next row, so I don't have to join with slip stitches. Of course, this means you'll have to redo that one last stitch each day as you won't know what colour is next, but the finished piece will be much neater this way.

My Colours are

A - Beige
B - Blue
C - Dark Blue
D - Tan
E - Mint/Turquoise
F - Dark Grey



Day 27

With B
DC Cluster - Keeping the last loop of each dc on the hook, dc 3 times in the same stitch, yarn over, pull through all 4 loops.

40: Ch2, turn, dc cluster in the fist stitch, *ch1, skip the next stitch, dc cluster in the next stitch* repeat across, dc in the last stitch.



With E
41: Ch1, turn, sc in each stitch and ch1 space across, including the starting chain from row 40. - 60sc


No comments:

Post a Comment